Who is SPXDS/TechnoColor
Melissa is a web developer, web designer, graphic designer, Product reviewer, manuscript proofer, tech support goddess, and much more. She can do it all seriously and has been for a long time now.
- Switched from PC to Mac 2007
- Loves drawing and sketching analog and digitally, coding/designing, making and building things with wood, LEGOS, or polymer clay, playing guitar, etc. She has a passion for being creative.
- A blogger, and Podcaster. She has been blogging and podcasting tech/geek shows before it was cool
- Has couple of degrees in Computer Science, Networking, Art/Graphic Design, and Internet/Web Programming, what can I say the girl loves to learn.
- Started coding before WYSIWYG editors were even created, so she hand codes all websites in a text editor and even sometimes at the command line.
- A perfectionist that cares about her work. So all websites are user-friendly, web standards compliant, easy to use, etc. Another bonus is she keeps UX-UI standards and methods in mind too.
- Always carrys a Moleskine or a Field Notes around to jot down notes, draw/sketch ideas or even perhaps an idea for a new blog entry.
- She is a great team member. She loves working with others if it's remotely or in house. Plus she can work on her own too quietly in a cube or corner.. She doesn't care.. long as she has music, a computer and a place to code/design she is happy. I mean.... TruLY Happy..
- Has the best attitude about meeting the strictest deadlines and works so hard that she gets the work done before the actual deadline date.
- Melissa loves to volunteer! She shares her knowledge and time to local community/non profit groups.
Let's face it! Melissa is a computer geek, is very knowledgeable and truly loves web design and development, graphic design, marketing, computers(building or repairing) offering tech support etc. She really EATs, Sleeps, DREAMS Design/art/code.....Yeah a true Geek!
How about you contact her, as she LOVES to talk about all that stuff too.
Tools of the Trade: An open command line (Terminal on the mac), An Apple Computer, Adobe CS6, Sublime Text, Coda2 (Text editors) and Transmit(FTP).
Browser Testing: IE(7, 8, 9), Safari(Win/Mac), Firefox (Win/Mac) Google Chrome, and Opera (Win/Mac)